THAT ALL MAY GO IN
In March, 1953, the Reverend R. L. Wilson was called to serve as pastor, and he served until June, 1958. During these years, work on the parsonage was completed, a kitchen and other carpentry work was finished in the church basement, an organ and new pews were purchased for the sanctuary, and the church bought its first mimeograph machine. In 1958, the debt was retired on both the church and the parsonage. In 1956, the church adopted the rotation system of the board of deacons.
On November 15, 1957, the church saw again the need for additional space for our Sunday School and voted to secure a loan for the purchase of the Major Everett property, just west, behind the church building. The church converted the house in the Intermediate and Young People's Department of the Sunday School. It was known as Annex #1. This house was moved in the 1960's to make way for the new educational building.
In May, 1959, the church met in conference and extended a call to the Reverend S. D. Baker to serve as pastor. He served through July, 1962. Under Baker's leadership, continued expansion of the Sunday School was realized. In July, 1960, the church voted to purchase the Harold Stone property, just west of the property that was purchased from Major Everett in 1957. The house was converted into the Young Adult Department of the Sunday School and was known as Annex #2. This annex was moved in the early 1980's to make way for more parking. In 1961, the church added a new heating plant and air conditioning. Work was also done toward completion of the balcony in the sanctuary.
On October 4, 1964, Calvary Baptist Church celebrated its fiftieth anniversary. The history written at that time ended with the words "We ask for God's continued blessings and leadership in the future." God has surely answered that prayer. As this church reached out with the gospel, membership has grown from 373 in 1964 to 660 in March of 1989. During these twenty-five years 316 people have been baptized into the church. Sunday School enrollment has increased from 359 to 620, and average attendance in Sunday School continues to grow, going from 210 to 301. In the first six months of the 1988-89 church year, average attendance reached 316.